Emotions play a great role in the creation of art. Joy, sadness, admiration, amazement, everything that moves us is of great value. This is the reason why the creative activities, which result in the birth of a piece of art, are unlike any other activity. And that is why man is the only animal that engages in creating art. One can say that this is a privilege for men. Sad drawing ideas can help many people to express a side of how they may feel.
Why draw when you’re sad?
The masterpiece created with the help of a strong emotion, makes us feel something. This form of expression of a feeling is bidirectional. And when we talk about a sad drawings, we meanly focus on this strong emotion, which we can feel when we engage in the creation of a sad drawing or painting and at the same time, it is the emotion that the one who sees the drawing will feel himself.
This two-way street is what makes a sad drawing a true masterpiece. When you are drawing, think about what you want to convey. And if you are drawing for yourself and not to show your art, think about what you want to express. Sometimes drawing something sad can help you overcome that feeling. If this is your case, I salute you for this decision. You have to feel that emotion in order to get over it. And expressing it in drawing can be very therapeutic.
Sad drawing ideas and where to find them
To make it easier for you to find the top best sad drawing ideas in 2023. I compiled this list of 75+ Sad Drawing Ideas – Very easy to get you inspired to draw for 2023.
Below, you will find the best examples of sad drawings that you can try to copy, trace, or simply be inspired to create your own drawing.
Here are the top best sad drawing ideas in 2023:
1. Very easy drawing of a sad girl on a hill staring at the moon
2. Beautiful drawing of a sad eye
3. Very sad and meaningful drawing of a girl holding a mask crying
4. Simple drawing of a woman in tears
5. Sad drawing idea of a girl closing her eyes
6. Cute sad drawing idea
7. Sad Simpson drawing
8. Screaming your lungs out – sad manga drawing
9. Tear drawing – A simple sad drawing for beginners
10. Sad manga drawing: A depressed, sad, and lonely girl screaming
11. Two cartoony eyes in tears
12. Sad ink drawing of a girl thinking
13. Touching heart-melting sad drawing
14. A sad depressed girl smoking
15. Original split drawing: Showing the same girl happy and sad
16. Sad doll drawing: Very easy to draw and copy
17. Manga girl crying
18. Drawing of two masks: one happy the other one sad – Simple easy sad doodle idea to re-draw in your journal
19. A cute manga girl crying with her head up
20. Sad simple anime drawing
21. An amazing touching eye artwork
22. Original drawing idea when sad and stressed out
23. Sad angel drawing
24. Sad butterfly girl drawing idea
25. Original drawing of a girl holding someone disappearing
26. “Only you can understand yourself” – Sad interpretation drawing
27. Manga anime girl lonely
28. Drawing of a lonely girl sitting alone – sad drawing idea
29. Sad touching sketch
30. Heart-melting sad drawing of a close up face
31. Girl crying roses – Esthetic drawing
32. Heartbroken idea drawing
33. Girl with roses – An original digital drawing
34. Heartbroken anime drawing crying and holding his heart
35. A sketch of a girl with headphones
36. Girl holding an umbrella – A representation of loneliness and sadness
37. Drawing of a girl crying still in shock
38. A simple cartoony girl thinking and feeling bad
39. A sad girl fighting for years to overcome her sadness
40. A drawing to improve on how to draw a teary eye
41. A simpler and more cartoonish drawing of an eye crying
42. A beautiful woman’s sketch thinking sadly
43. An easy drawing idea when sad and lonely for beginners
44. Easy manga girl anime crying slowly
45. Easy drawing portrait of a sad girl – a simple idea
46. Easy sketch for beginners who wants to draw a sad girl
47. An easy sad comic woman drawing idea
48. Easy anime boy crying alone
49. A hand holding a rose bleeding
50. Drawing of a girl holding a pillow and crying
51. A drawing of a depressed girl – manga-inspired
52. Very beautiful touching sad drawing of 3 eyes progressions with colored pencils
52. Cute and simple drawing: I’m fine
53. Depressed drawing very easy to follow for beginners – A representation of how you feel
54. A sad and cute drawing of Stitch
55. A simple idea drawing when sad
56. A cute drawing of a sad girl thinking that is simple to replicate
57. A cute drawing of a little girl crying
58. A very simple and cute drawing of a sad dog
59. Anime and manga drawing easy to replicate when you’re feeling down
60. Creative drawing to inspire you
61. Another creative drawing of a man drowning in his sadness
62. A cool and original sketchbook drawing of a girl drowning in her own tears
63. A sad girl listening to some music
64. A very simple sketch that any beginner can draw
65. Broken hearted girl crying while hiding her face inside her hands
66. Billie Eilish drawing idea – Almost sad
67. Another Billie Eilish drawing idea crying black tears
68. Being sad…
69. Anime drawing crying – sad art
70. Anime boy drawing idea screaming in dispair
71. Angel drawing
72. I force you to smile – drawing idea
73. A very touching drawing of a little boy walking in the rain
74. A more challenging and advanced drawing idea of a girl crying
75. A weird and sad artwork of a woman
76. A very simple drawing of a blue whale who is feeling blue
What should I draw when I am sad?
1. You can draw a self portrait of yourself.
2. Imagine and create a drawing depicting what’s going on in your life.
3. Draw something(s) that you’re afraid or terrified of.
4. Sketch images of things that bring you joy.
5. Draw the people or creatures who are dear to your heart.
Why do I draw better when I’m sad?
What is it about being in a gloomy mood that makes us great artists? The response brings our attention back to the intrinsic connection that exists between intellect and emotion. It seems that being in a melancholy state makes us more attentive and detail oriented, which allows us to concentrate more intently on the felt collage.
Are creative people sadder?
Are persons who are more creative also more prone to depression?
Studies of artists and writers that were compiled in Scientific American reveal that artists and writers are up to 20 times more likely to suffer from bipolar disorder (also known as a manic depressive disease) and are 10 times more likely to suffer from depression than the general population.
Do artists have to be sad?
The ideal feeling for creativity is one that succeeds in attracting the attention of others to the work being created. However, the experience of that emotion is not usually a solitary one. According to the findings of several studies, the source of creative thought is not so much positive or negative states of mind as it is a range of contrasting feelings.
Why do we enjoy sad art?
Even though the tragic events and feelings of misery that occur in our actual lives are not pleasant in any way, many of us consciously seek out art that confronts us with such feelings, and we find that we actually enjoy the melancholy that it induces in us as a result of doing so.
These best sad drawing ideas for 2023 helps you overcome your art blocks and give you drawing ideas to express your feelings. An artist or even a beginner at drawing may feel down from time to time, so a sad drawing can help them put their emotions on paper and feel better about themselves. Not only that but they will also be satisfied that they have succeeded in sketching a beautiful drawing, even if it represents sadness.